To honour earth day this month, remember to protect the earth while cleaning your sterling silver jewelry.
If you store your jewelry in an air-tight plastic bag, it will never tarnish. However, sometimes we forgot. So, to clean it this environmentally friendly method works well, is virtually free and does not smell or pollute the environment like the polish you buy in stores!
Aluminum Foil, baking soda and table salt. That's it.
- Place a sheet of aluminum foil in the bottom of a pan.
- Add 2-3 inches of water, 1 tsp of baking soda, 1 tsp table salt.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add silver pieces (with no stones/gems).
- Boil 2-3 minutes making sure water covers the silver.
- Remove silver, rinse, dry and buff with a soft cloth.
If there is still the odd mark, finish off with using the white part of this cleaning cloth https://www.suetables.com/ca/shop/special-items/jewelry-polishing-cloth and let it shine!
So simple. Mother Nature will thank you and your bling will be so much blingy - er!
Photo credit: Patrick Cline for Lonny Photo